Tuesday 13 November 2012

The 480th Post

Here the blog becomes self-referential. The 480th post is about the 480th post. For reasons of numerical aesthetics, I prefer to end the month with a round number of posts on the blog. 480 will suffice since I am unlikely to reach 500. As stated previously, blog-wise, this month will end for me the day after the day after tomorrow. Then there will be an interval of two or more weeks. If a few more posts are written between now and this Friday, they can be saved and added later.

My pleasure in rereading Poul Anderson's works is significantly increased by being able to comment simultaneously and also in a medium that is instantly accessible to others. What is remarkable in Anderson's works is both the range of subject-matters and the wealth of details in each individual work. I hope that, during a period when there are no new posts, anyone who still views the blog will find that earlier posts are worth reading.

No comments: