Saturday 2 November 2013

Good Things Coming To An End

I am reluctant to stop blogging about Poul Anderson's Psychotechnic History. Comprising only twenty installments, it is more than the sum of its parts, far richer than might be thought after a single or episodic reading and a worthy intermediate stage between Robert Heinlein's Future History and Anderson's Technic History and subsequent future histories.

Previously, I did not want to stop blogging about:

Anderson's historical fictions in general and The King Of Ys (with Karen Anderson) in particular;
the Harvest Of Stars Tetralogy;
the Technic History.

I had thought that The Game Of Empire was just a hastily written addendum to the Flandry series. However, rereading the novel in order to blog about it revealed that it is rich in details about two inhabited planets, presents alternative perspectives on earlier Technic History and is full of potential for sequels, indeed for a whole new sub-series of the History.

I find on my shelves two Hoka volumes. I have never been a fan of this series but will see what I can make of it as a blogging topic after my son-in-law has had the lap top to give it a technical check-up for a couple of days.

No comments: