Sunday 11 May 2014

Poul Anderson: contributor articles

The Poul Anderson: contributor articles blog now exists. To get this new blog off the ground, we have copied thirteen articles, one of them in both an original and a revised version, from earlier posts on Poul Anderson Appreciation.

The thirteen articles have in common that they are not written by me. They also have in common that all are written by one contributor, Sean M Brooks. However, the concept of the new blog is that any reader or fan of Poul Anderson is invited to email articles, essays or even brief remarks to be posted on it. Opinions contradicting mine are not merely tolerated but positively encouraged.

Anderson fans will by now be reading the new Anderson-themed anthology, Multiverse, and will be doing so before I do. Here is an excellent opportunity for new input from new contributors on new material that is also directly relevant to what this blog has been about all along - exploring the imaginary universes of Poul Anderson.

6 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Hi, Paul!

Aw, many thanks for going thru this blog to find and collect all the pieces I wrote about Poul Anderson and his works. I"m definitely going to visit your ":Poul Anderson: contributor articles" blog after I finish this note.

I'm not quite sure how I should use either this or the new blog should I have additional notes/articles to contribute. Do you want the "Poul Anderson Appreciation" blog to be mostly for your own articles and the "Poul Anderson: contributor blog" to be used by other fans? I can see how that might be an advantage for other fans.

And I certainly agree with you in urging other fans to contribute (a somewhat overused word just now!) their own views, thoughts, opinions, etc., of the works of Poul Anderson and criticisms of anything we say!

I finished David Wingrove's THE BROKEN WHEEL, so I'm free to finally start reading MULTIVERSE.

Glory to the Emperor! (Smiles) Sean

Paul Shackley said...

Sean,
"Poul Anderson: contributor blog" is meant to be exclusively for other fans. Any notes/articles that you send will be posted there - and also here if you would like that as well.
Glory to the Emperor,
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Hi, Paul!

Thanks! That clarifies how you want these two blogs to be used.

Started reading MULTIVERSE, and I may have some notes and thoughts about the book's contents. But, I'll need time, both for reading it and organizing my thoughts about it.

Sean

Paul Shackley said...

Sean,
No hurry,
Paul.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Paul,

So where do I send emails, please?

Regards,
Nicholas

Paul Shackley said...

Nicholas,
paulshackley@gmail.com
and ketlan@gmx.net
Thanks,
Paul.