Thursday 10 July 2014

Multiverse And The Old Phoenix

Greg Bear and Gardner Dozois, Editors, Multiverse: Exploring Poul Anderson's Worlds (Burton, MI, 2014).

Fellow Earthlings, this post has to be short. I have to turn in and will  have a busy day with little or no blogging tomorrow but here is a night time thought: why no Old Phoenix story in Multiverse and will there be a Multiverse II where this omission can be rectified? The Old Phoenix is a place where many if not all of the series could be tied together, although a mere crowd scene would not do any of them justice.

There almost is an Old Phoenix story because Astrid Anderson Bear writes:

"...it is bitter-sweet to contemplate my Dad's characters hoisting a mug together in the Old Phoenix Tavern..." (p. 184).

- so there is a story waiting to be written although I can't write it because I can't write fiction. All that I can do is read it and say what I think is right or wrong with it and, hopefully, be disagreed with.

No comments: