Tuesday 13 January 2015

Fine Tuning The Chronology

See here and here.

Trying to fill in a bit more of the chronology:

2482  Satan episode
           Tametha uprising
           David Falkayn seeks and finds Mirkheim
2489  Supermetals begins trading
2492  Van Rijn repeats Falkayn's search
           Coya Falkayn joins the trade pioneer crew
2497  The trade pioneer crew disbands
2599  Knowledge of Mirkheim is made public
2500  The Babur War

I have started with Sean M Brooks' date of 2482 for the Satan episode and have added years in accordance with what is either said by the characters or stated by the omniscient narrator. Some of what is said suggests that my dating may be out by at most one year but no one gets down to specific months so this is the best that I can manage for the time being.

Addendum, 14 Jan '15: I have had to revise this Chronology because I got some details wrong, I don't know how. The data are:

Tametha and Falkayn's search happen shortly after the Satan episode;
van Rijn visits Mirkheim ten years after the Satan episode and three years after Supermetals starts;
David and Coya become linked when van Rijn is at Mirkheim;
Coya joins the team after marrying David;
the team disbands five years later;
Mirkheim becomes public knowledge one year before the Babur War;
the war happens eighteen years after David found Mirkheim.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Hi, Paul!

Very flattering, that you favored my dating scheme for the Technic Civilization timeline. I'll have to think about inserting at least some of your proposed dates into my revisal of Sandra Miesel's" Chronology.

Sean