Wednesday 11 March 2015

An Indian Meal And A Walk In Morecambe

Occasionally, I try to persuade page viewers that I do something other than post on Poul Anderson Appreciation. Yesterday evening, appropriately after posting about SM Stirling's Angrezi Raj in his The Peshawar Lancers, I accompanied my wife (Sheila), daughter and granddaughter to Bombay Balti, Lancaster (see image), for an Indian meal, although a Birmingham Indian restaurant owner claims that "Balti" recipes have been invented to suit the British taste and that he alone serves authentic Indian meals (see here).

The meal out was to celebrate Sheila's swift recovery from her hip operation, which also enabled us to walk along Morecambe Promenade (see image) in good weather this afternoon. Right now, I am trying to get back into rereading Stieg Larsson's The Girl With The Dragon
Tattoo, having enjoyed Episode One of the film series which I received at Christmas (see here). The end of The Peshawar Lancers looms near and it is always a wrench to re-emerge from a fictional universe after complete immersion in it. I have found this with Anderson's Technic History and also with the Andersons' Ys Tetralogy.

However, no doubt posting will continue on some other Andersonian or Anderson-related texts. Having just passed midnight, I notice that there were 205 page views yesterday as against 177 the day before.

I have created a circular sequence of links on the blog although it is unlikely that any page viewer will find his/her way around the entire sequence.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Hi, Paul!

I'm glad Mrs. Shackley has made a quick recovery from her hip surgery. Congratulations to her!

This blog had 205 page views? Good! And I hope readers will deposit their own views and comments.

Sean