Monday 29 June 2015

Spoilers Etc

Sean M Brooks' post, "Sensory Deprivation," has been at the top of this blog for a week and has now started to move down the page but has also been copied to a companion blog here.

I read and analyze a text primarily for personal pleasure but also on the assumption that my audience either has already read it or at least does not mind being told details of an as yet unfamiliar text. Otherwise, of course, SPOILER ALERT!

There is always a surprise. In SM Stirling's Conquistador, characters pass not between our timeline and one alternative timeline but between two alternative timelines. Consequently, my next post, probably not till next month, will address the differences between three timelines, our one and their two. Dig it.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Dang! If I wasn't still busy reading John Wright's ARCHITECT OF AEONS, I think I might have started rereading CONQUISTADOR, to help fully appreciate the comments you plan to make about that book.

And thanks for keeping my "Sensory Deprivation" article at the top of your blog for a week and then copying it to the "Poul Anderson Contributor Articles" blog. I very much appreciate it!

Sean