Thursday 27 August 2015

The End Of August

(Addendum, 30 Aug: I am drafting some posts for September. Meanwhile, see addendum to Subjectivity.)

This is the last post for August. I look forward to blogging again in September. I may have to restrain myself from posting during the next four days but will also be busy in other ways.

Next month we expect an article by Sean M Brooks comparing Poul Anderson and SM Stirling. I will also continue to read Stirling's Draka series, a worthy development of the idea of alternative histories as previously presented by Wells and Anderson among others.

Of course I had compared Anderson and Gaiman more than once before but the parallels struck me again when simultaneously rereading The Sandman and The Shield Of Time. I post what I think even if I have thought it before so there is some repetition. However, there are also always new details to find and highlight in Anderson's texts as I think is demonstrated by recent posts on The Shield of Time, which I will also continue to reread.

7 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Finally got my computer back today. So I can again take part in this blog.

Thanks for the nice mention of me! I just hope the essay I plan to work on this coming weekend or more lives up to your expectations.

Sean

Paul Shackley said...

Sean,
It will.
I am drafting a post, taking more care with it as I do when I am saving one to start a month with.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Thanks! I've made good progress copying/revising the first draft of the essay I hope to soon send you. Perhaps as early as Sunday.

Sean

Paul Shackley said...

Sean,
Good. Ketlan has warned me that he will be busy next week so please let me apologize in advance for any regretable delay in transferring your article from email to blog.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

No problem! I can wait!

I've finished copying/revising the original hand written draft into email form. And I've already made some corrections of that version. But I want to wait another day or so before sending it to you, in case I make more changes.

Sean

Paul Shackley said...

Sean,
Wise.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Thanks! And I've already thought of major changes I want to make in my article.

Sean