Thursday 20 April 2017

Temporal Interconnections

This morning, returning home unexpectedly early, I said that, like Hamlet, I had a "...sudden and most strange return." (Whether or not that is an accurate quotation, that is how I phrased it.) Turning the page in John C. Wright's The Golden Age, I find an interesting discussion of Hamlet from a future perspective on p. 74.

Poul Anderson's Manse Everard mentions synchronicity (and here) and Anderson's alternative-historical Prince Rupert lives in a Shakespearean universe.

Am I at the centre of a web of temporal interconnections? Yes. Everyone is.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And in Chapter VIII of Anderson's THE LONG WAY HOME, we even see a futuristic "translation" 5000 years from now of a bit from Shakespeare's famous "to be or not to be" lines from HAMLET. More temporal interconnections!

Sean