Monday 8 May 2017

Comments

Blog readers are invited to comment on:

women in warfare;
combat scenes in fiction;
the historical claims of Christianity;
the nature of gods;
the role of mythology;
the efficacy of prayer;
chaos theory;
synchronicity;
the immutability of the past;
spying in Homer, the Bible, history and contemporary fiction;
social systems;
theocracies;
the works of Poul Anderson, SM Stirling, Ian Fleming, Stieg Larsson or CS Lewis;
perception and expectation;
in other words, anything.

(These are just recent topics.)

3 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

A very COMPREHENSIVE list, indeed! And I'm very appreciative of how tolerant you are of my comments, considering how often I've said things I'm sure you disagree with.

And at least one fairly major SF writer, Cordwainer Smith, was also an intelligence officer. Paul Myron Anthony Linebarger (his real name) is best known for writing the Instrumentality of Mankind stories, which I think might appeal to you. And he also wrote the classic intelligence manual PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE. I managed to obtain a reprint copy some years ago.

It amuses me to think Dominic Flandry might have studied this work at the Imperial Naval Intelligence Academy!

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
Disagreement is welcome. I hope that we are broadening some minds here.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I hope so! Esp. in this era of intense partisanship.

Sean