Saturday 20 May 2017

Dynamic Diversity

(Lancaster: Dalton Square, Queen Victoria, Town Hall.)

Today there will be a celebration of diversity in Lancaster. (Later: see here.) The City Council meets in the Town Hall. We will assemble in Dalton Square. Sometimes also there are gatherings in Market Square where the former Town Hall is now the City Museum.

From Monday to Thursday, I will be in Birmingham, a city that usually inspires posts comparing its diversity to that of Poul Anderson's multi-species Terran Empire. This time, I might learn more about that city's Tolkien connection. But I might not have much access to a computer while there.

The current agenda is to continue reading Anderson's Murder In Black Letter, then to read the next two volumes of SM Stirling's Emberverse series. As John Carter says, "We still live!"

3 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

At least partly because of your blog pieces, JRR Tolkien has also sometimes been on my mind lately! More specifically, it's in the back of my mind that I should soon read MORGOTH'S RING, Volume X of THE HISTORY OF MIDDLE EARTH.

But I will do some more work on my "Night Piece" article today!

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

As studious as ever.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Thanks! And I liked your allusion from Edgar Rice Burroughs John Carter stories!

Sean