Sunday 7 May 2017

Flitting Through

Compare what Janne Floris says here:

"'We will be a little in the life of the country...not quite like disembodied spirits flitting through.'"

- with Rudi Mackenzie's characterisation of the trip that he and his friends are taking. It is:

"A bit like being a ghost, flitting through the life of the land without much touching it."
-SM Stirling, The Sunrise Lands (New York, 2008), Chapter Sixteen, p. 365.

Close enough for one of these passages to remind me of the other.

The Time Patrol is perhaps the single greatest source of quotations and comparisons on the blog, as I have said more than once. See here.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I do see what you mean about the Time Patrol stories being so quotable. And I agree! But, for me, I find myself most often quoting from Anderson's Technic Civilization series.

Sean