Tuesday 22 August 2017

Home

Dominic Flandry plans to stay with Kossara on her home planet, Dennitza, when they are married but decides to return to Earth when she has been killed.

"'In God's name, why?'" asks Bodin Miyatovich. (Chapter XX, p. 604)

Kossara's relatives have accepted Flandry. All of them realize that the future lies with planets like Dennitza, not with Terra. Flandry replies:

"'I have my own people.'" (p. 605)

We see him a decade and a half later still living comfortably in Archopolis and still active on behalf of the Empire. As when James Bond's wife was killed at the end of a novel, Kossara's family and background are never seen again.

3 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Meaning you would have liked to have seen Dennitza and the Dennitzans again? I agree that would have been but I'm also we see other planets as well developed and thought out in A STONE IN HEAVEN and THE GAME OF EMPIRE. I mean Ramnu and he Patrician System. It was good to see the planet where the surviving Tigeries from Starkad were settled by the Empire. And I would have liked to have seen more of Terra and Archopolis.

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
I would have liked to have seen more of Dennitza and Avalon.
Paul.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I agree, and those planets as well.

Sean