Monday 6 November 2017

The League Period

I am still focused on Volumes I-III of The Technic Civilization Saga although preferably with slightly rearranged contents (see here):

Vol I: nine installments instead of eleven;
II: nine instead of seven;
III: six, as is.

Vol I begins several centuries before the period of the Polesotechnic League and reaches that period, and specifically the lifetime of Nicholas van Rijn, in its fourth instalment;

Vol II is set entirely during van Rijn's lifetime;

Vol III begins in the League period but moves beyond that period in its fourth installment.

It follows that eighteen installments are set during the League period. However, Vol III, installments two and three, set during the decline of the League, describe the colonization first of some islands, then of a continent, on the planet Avalon. Thus, sixteen installments deal with the League as such.

Interruption. Back later.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

The only quibble I would make here is that I don't think
"The Saturn Game" is set "several centuries" before the Polesotechnic League arose. That story is only in which Anderson gave us a specific YEAR and date, AD 2057. I tend to think of the FTL hyperdrive of Technic Civilization being invented circa AD 2100, and both the Solar Commonwealth and Polesotechnic League arising around 2200.

I know using so many round number dates is not plausible, but I don't think it can be avoided due to Anderson declining to be pinned down, except once, to specific dates.

Sean