Saturday 2 December 2017

Down To Jupiter II

OK. I do not follow all the technicalities here:

the shell catches rain;
a volcano provides heat;
heat boils away ammonia, leaving raw sodium;
Theor throws pieces of sodium into the volcano, causing explosions;
these flashes of light duplicate a military drummer's call for help;
the Nyarran army sees the signal and sends forgar riders to rescue their Reeve.

After an epic journey, Theor is reunited with his people. Now he and Mark Fraser have only thirty six pages left in which to win their respective wars.

Tomorrow, I will be on a day trip to the monastery so there will be less time for blogging.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I was reminded of how, when I was rereading Asimov's book THE UNIVERSE, he mentioned how heating sodium (salt) would make it become yellow or yellowish. I was interested enough to try that myself and the salt did become yellowish!

Sean