Saturday 2 December 2017

Tea Or Coffee Again

I have finished rereading Poul Anderson's Three Worlds To Conquer so, before turning in, I want to (re)read something different, a contemporary thriller instead of sf although I think that there is only a thin line between them. A novel set now assumes satellite and computer technology that was sf until late in the twentieth century. I also need to stop blogging a short while before trying to sleep so here is a parting shot. Characters in a Swedish novel are always switching on their coffee machines. We discussed the choice between tea and coffee here.

For blog references to coffee, see here (scroll down) and for tea, see here (again, scroll down). There should be more references to coffee than to tea although I am not about to count.

4 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Here's another bit about coffee or tea from the works of Poul Anderson. In Chapter II of THE REBEL WORLDS, Lt. Com. Dominic Flandry was ordered to report to Vice Admiral Kheraskov at Admiralty Center on Terra. A courteous man, Admiral Kheraskov offered some amenities to Flandry before they got down to business: first cigars (the brand being Corona Australis) and then "Coffee, if you like," offered the master of perhaps a million agents in the Empire and beyond. "Or tea or jaine." I have occasionally wondered what kind of beverage "jaine" is.

Sean

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

Sean,
I do quote that one somewhere!
Paul.

paulshackley2017@gmail.com said...

"Corridors Of Power," Friday 26 June 2015.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

Which I will look up. I KNEW you had quoted that bit from THE REBEL WORLDS somewhere!

Sean