Friday 22 August 2014

What Next For The Blog?

Greg Bear, Eon (London, 2002).

I have read Eon to its conclusion and it will take a week or two for the sequel Eternity to arrive. After, or rather before, that there are, I gather, two prequels, Legacy and "The Way Of All Ghosts."

Meanwhile, I have two of Andrea Camilleri's Inspector Montalbano novels to read, although those will not be discussed on this blog. (Poul Anderson gives us Trygve Yamamura and, in very restrained amounts, Sherlock Holmes.) At the beginning of next month, with the start of the new academic year, I will have to get back into reading some Latin texts, which may be mentioned here if appropriate. The Roman Empire is one of Poul Anderson's major periods: "Delenda Est," Roma Mater etc.

I might reread and comment on further aspects of Eon and am sure that there is more to be found in the Time Patrol - although maybe not by me in the immediate future. So maybe less on the blog for the rest of this month.

No comments: