Thursday 10 August 2017

Christmas

Perhaps every fictional series should have a Christmas story - or a Jewish etc equivalent? I can cite three prominent examples:

in Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series, "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle" (see here);
in Poul Anderson's History of Technic Civilization, "The Season of Forgiveness";
in Ian Fleming's James Bond series, On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

There are other Christmas stories but are they parts of series?
There are other series but do they have Christmas stories?
Now blog readers can tell me what I have missed.

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

I have read the Christmas stories written by A. Conan Doyle and Poul Anderson. And the latter took the title of his story from a line in Doyle's work. And another reason for rereading the Bond books is for what Fleming said about Christmas in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE.

I searched my SF books and found another story featuring Christmas: "Acts Of God," by Ben Bova. Which can be found in SAM GUNN FOREVER (Avon Books: 1998).

Sean