Friday 20 October 2017

Current Reading

Blog readers might be able to deduce what has happened. I have been given a book on James Bond. See image. (Given by Nygel.) I am conflicted between reading this new book and continuing to post on the blog. The result is a sequence of comparisons between the works of Poul Anderson and Ian Fleming, bizarrely with Arthur Conan Doyle and CS Lewis also included among the comparisons. See recent posts. They all wrote series and the other three all have points of contact with Anderson.

Meanwhile, I have yet to finish rereading Anderson's "The Big Rain" and have read only the Prologue and Chapter One of SM Stirling's massive The Desert And The Blade. So there is no shortage of "what to read." It is just a matter of "what order to read it in."

1 comment:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

And I wish somebody would do the same for Poul Anderson as was done for Ian Fleming. I know of only two pub. works discussing Anderson and his books and stories, one in English and one in French. I know we both have copies of Sandra Miesel's monograph: AGAINST TIME'S ARROW: THE HIGH CRUSADE OF POUL ANDERSON.

Sean