Wednesday 2 May 2018

Dinner In A League Outpost

"Humans being as ubiquitous as they are, nearly every League outpost on a nonterrestroid planet includes a suite conditioned and stocked for such visitors."
-"A Sun Invisible," III, pp. 280-281. (For full reference, see here.)

"Falkayn got the kitchen servers busy."
-op. cit., p. 282.

He and his guest consume:

cocktails;
hors d'oeuvres;
consomme;
fish;
roast and salad;
petits fours;
cheeses;
champagne.

I was unsure of the petits fours but they were well worth googling.

See The Food Thread.

3 comments:

Sean M. Brooks said...

Kaor, Paul!

A dinner worthy of Stirling! (Smiles)

I wondered what "petits fours" were myself and looked them up. Small, one or two bite pastries.

Sean

S.M. Stirling said...

Best tray of those I ever had was while having tea at a hotel in Brighton, right next to the pier.

Sean M. Brooks said...

Dear Mr. Stirling,

I agree some of those petits fours looked so awfully tempting! Not good for guys like me when I'm trying to lose weight. (Smiles)

Sean